There are a lot of effective methods that you can apply to your workplace to save energy, but the contributions done by your employees can also make a great difference. You can give trainings to your staff about being more conscious about saving energy in the office hours. If they are more careful, that will decrease your overall energy consumption. If you have no idea where to start with energy efficiency then give a read to these tips to save energy that are worth implementing tips to start your savings right away.
In offices, your main goal should be to avoid wasting phantom energy as less as possible. The tips stated below can help you and your staff save more and more by doing the bare minimum.
Negotiate a Better Deal
A massive benefit that businesses have over residential energy is that they always have room for bargaining with suppliers. Due to numerous suppliers, businesses can try to negotiate the best possible terms for their businesses. A lot of key factors come into consideration which include business energy tariffs, contract duration and much more. Many suppliers offer better prices for longer contracts. However binding your business for longer durations for this incentive is not always the right thing to do. Allow our team of experts to negotiate on your behalf by tapping into our diverse network to get you incredible deals.
12 Small Business Energy-Saving Tips
1. Get an energy audit: Reviewing your energy use time to time can help you estimate your overall energy use and it can help you highlight the spots where you need to save energy. Many electric utility companies offer free audits. An expert will reach out to you and do a complete check of your place and monitor if there are any insulation issues, air leaks and check the areas where there is need for improvements.
2. Purchase energy-efficient office equipment: When renting or buying your appliances, check the electronics if they are ENERGYSTAR-rated. The appliances that are rated Energy star are known to been energy efficient and they can save you a lot of money on energy bills. It can curb energy costs for your small business especially in a long run.
3. Reduce Peak Demand: Peak demand also effects your net energy consumption. This is the time in which you use most energy or when all your devices are in use.
4. Program your thermostats: There is no need to keep the heating or cooling systems running even after all people have left the office. You should opt for programmable or smart devices that turn themselves off at set timings so that excess energy is not used.
5. Turn off lights when not in use: It might seem redundant but sometimes lights are kept turned on in bathrooms, rooms and conference rooms even if there is no one there. Sensor lights detect the movements in the room and turn off when there is no one in the room.
6. Use energy-efficient light bulbs: : Energy saving devices and bulbs save a considerable amount of energy in workplaces. Switching to LED or CFL from your traditional light bulbs can help by consuming less amount of business electricity and can decrease your bills altogether.
7. Take advantage of natural sunlight: In case you are lucky enough to have your office on a location where you can receive natural light because you won’t need turn on lights on the place where windows are available to illuminate the place as needed and it might save your enough energy. You can also set up solar panels to help generate energy for your requirements. Solar energy can consume less kilowatt by every passing hour and lets you take advantage of natural energy with no cost.
8. Start running fans: Replacing the use of air conditioners with fans can cause a considerable decrease in your bills. Keeps the fans running so that HVAC systems can run in a more effective way.
9. Switch down all the devices at the end of working hours: Remember to turn the systems off when leaving at the end of the day. Make your employees mindful of the effects it can have if the devices stay powered on all the time. Try unplugging as many devices as possible while leaving the office. These appliance include toasters, coffee makers and other appliances that are commonly used in the offices.
10. Prevent “Phantom energy”: Phantom energy is the energy that is used by the device when devices are kept plugged in even when not in use. Surge protectors enable you to turn off many devices at one time by flipping only one switch. Connect your monitors and printers to power strips to save energy on large scale.
11. Miscellaneous tips: Not only focus on the building while working on energy efficiency, there are tons of things you can look into to save energy. For example if you have opportunity then plant trees around your work area so cool down the temperature in summer season. It will reduce your cooling costs and then reduce your cost of energy.
12. Get employees engaged in energy-efficient practices: Training employees on energy efficiency and getting them involved in the process might take time but yields excellent results. They must need to be looped in to be part of your energy efficiency campaign.
On average in normal small businesses the heating and cooling systems make up 40% of the energy cost of the business. Some the below mentioned common tips and tricks can assist you reducing your heating and cooling cost:
Ways to save money by reducing electric heating and cooling costs
You should start with estimating the overall requirement and power expenses of your workplace. You can discuss the following questions with your team to work together in planning an effective method for saving energy.
7 Ways to Save Energy on Small Business HVAC systems
Taking an extensive look at your organization's energy utilization will assist with developing strategies in order to make saving money on independent company energy costs somewhat more sensible. The warming, ventilation and cool frameworks (known as HVAC) devour the majority of your energy in working environment. Here are some office energy saving tips for your HVAC:
Insulate properly and Monitor Leakages: : Search for spots where your loss of cooling or heating is occurring. There's absolutely no reason to pay for wasted energy! Have the energy-reviewer check windows and entryways for any sort of leakages. Check for these yourself or recruit an energy analyst to do as such.
Introduce programmable indoor regulators: These indoor regulators empower you to reduce the usage and the temperature when nobody is near. Keeping your office temperature one degree lower in the colder time of year and one degree higher in the summers can lessen the force your HVAC framework utilization by up to 10 percent!
Maintenance of HVAC hardware is crucial: Make sure all your equipment receives proper maintenance every once in a while. Not certain where to begin? ENERGY STAR's upkeep agenda offers tips that guarantee that you’ll be able to keep on bringing down your energy costs. Likewise be aware of the life span of your equipment. The present climate control systems utilize 30% less energy to deliver a similar measure of cooling as those made during the 1970s. Indeed, even with a climate control system only 10 years of age, you could save 20% in cooling costs if it's supplanted with a more up to date, more productive model.
Consider replacing your system: In case replacing your system seams feasible, searching for ENERGY STAR-affirmed gear is the right way to begin shopping. These items are guaranteed to be excellent in quality and as compared to previously installed older models offer excellent energy efficiency.
Abstain from over-estimating any substitution gear while applying energy saving thoughts in the working environment. Buying a lot of new replacements can build support costs and furthermore increment energy utilization. A guaranteed HVAC expert can inform you as to whether the hardware you presently work is outdated, adequate or too unnecessary, and if it's working at greatest energy-productivity.
Change air channels consistently: A few producers propose changing each month, while others suggest at regular intervals. The key is to check the channel in your HVAC gear consistently; in the event that it looks grimy, regardless of what a small number of months it's been, change it. Dust impedes the air through the hardware and thus the system burns-through more energy. Cleaning consistently can diminish the cost of maintenance and can keep the framework from getting more dirty and inefficient.
Seal your warming and cooling pipes: Conduits move air to-and-from a constrained air heater or focal forced air system. On the off chance that they are not fixed appropriately, they can be large energy losses and this results in large losses of capital. Fixing and protecting conduits can improve the your warming and cooling framework efficiency by as much as 20%. In air pipe support ought to incorporate pipes that go through unfinished plumbing spaces, lofts and unheated cellars.
Hope this article was a complete information on how to switch business energy. Now that you have enough information about how to save business energy and spare money, you can reach out to our team of talented experts in order for us to help identify further key areas of improvement to ensure that your business gets the best possible deal for your business.